Big Carpet Provides Soft, Durable Carpet in Ogden, UT
At Big Carpet in Ogden, UT, we are dedicated to providing beautiful, long-lasting flooring and carpeting solutions for your home. Our carpet selection has all types of carpet textures, patterns, and colors so that you can find the right design and style for your living room, bedroom, or hallway. Our skilled team will work with you to understand your aesthetic desires and functional needs, helping you select the perfect carpet.
Our Carpet Offerings
Whether you want a durable, stain-resistant carpet for a basement playroom or plush, luxurious carpeting for the floor of your bedroom, we have you covered. Today’s carpet fibers are soft, durable, and beautiful all at once, helping expand your carpeting options.
- Carpeting: Our primary carpeting offerings are traditional roll carpets that can easily cover an entire room wall-to-wall. We carry a wide selection of textures, patterns, and colors, with loop pile and cut pile options that are both durable and beautiful.
- Carpet tiles: Carpet tiles are often used for game rooms, businesses, or home offices, providing durability and easy installation. They are typically designed to have enhanced stain resistance and are easier to clean than roll carpet.
- Carpet remnants: At Big Carpet, we also carry a wide selection of carpet remnants from carpet rolls. Our carpet remnants are always at clearance prices every day so that you can find low-price carpeting for that unique project.
Selecting The Ideal Carpet
Selecting the right carpet for your home can be a daunting process. You will likely have this carpet for years to come, so you want it to be durable and something you enjoy seeing every day. Some questions you should consider when searching for the right carpet include:
- How will the room be used? A room that will have heavy traffic from the outdoors or will be a playroom for children will likely benefit from a more durable, stain-resistant carpet. Your bedroom, meanwhile, may be a good place for that plush, white carpet you are eyeing due to the lower traffic and use. Knowing how you will use the room will help determine what material and what colors make the most sense for the carpeting.
- How large is the room? The size of the room you are carpeting can play into whether you want to choose a light or dark color for your carpeting. Lighter carpeting can add a feeling of spaciousness to smaller rooms, while darker-colored carpet can add coziness to larger rooms.
- How often do you redecorate? When selecting carpeting for a room, you will want to choose a style that complements the furniture, wall color, and decorations in the room. If you want to leave the room’s style as is, you can go with a bolder carpeting choice without worrying about having to match it down the road. But if you frequently redecorate the room, you may want to opt for a more neutral option that allows you to experiment with a broader range of styles.
Whatever type of carpeting you desire, our team at Big Carpet is always ready to help. We have displays with a wide range of styles from multiple manufacturers to help you coordinate your carpet selection with other types of flooring in your home, pulling everything together right in our warehouse.
Installing Carpet in Your Ogden, UT Home or Office
Once you have selected the perfect carpet for your home or office, Big Carpet can begin the installation process. While we will do all of the technical work, you will be able to help prepare the area for us to make the process as smooth and quick as possible. We will also offer guidance regarding maintenance once your new carpet flooring is in place.
Preparing Your Home for Carpet Installation
The initial steps in the carpet installation process will be taken by you well in advance of our arrival at your home or business. To ensure a seamless installation that does not consume a substantial amount of time, Big Carpet will provide you with a checklist of tasks to accomplish before carpet installation. These tasks will ensure a safe, quick process while also eliminating potential risks or imperfections. The jobs that we ask you to complete before wall-to-wall carpet installation include:
- Remove everything from the room, including all furniture and wiring.
- Ensure that all windows and doors are in place and can close.
- Ensure the space can be at least 70 degrees Fahrenheit during installation.
- Be sure electrical power is available to the installation crew.
- Cover all cupboards and furniture in the area in case your installation process requires sanding.
The installation crew at Big Carpet has years of experience installing wall-to-wall carpets in Ogden, UT and the surrounding areas. Our expertise has allowed us to streamline the process and make it as quick as possible so that we do not disrupt your routine for longer than we must. As with any task, the size of the area that needs attention will play a factor in the duration of the project. But if you take appropriate measures to prepare for carpet installation, the process should only take about a day under normal circumstances. We will begin by removing the old carpeting and inspecting the underlying floorboards. In some instances, we will need to replace those, which could prolong the overall installation. However, if they are in good shape, we will lay the padding and proceed with your wall-to-wall carpet installation. The time it takes to lay the carpet – adjusting for corners, angles, and doorways – is typically only a matter of hours.
Maintenance for Your New Carpet
It is critical to protect your new carpet from everyday wear and tear so that you can maintain its appearance and prolong its life. Having a new carpet is exciting and appealing, but keeping it looking new will bring added satisfaction. Among the ways you can maintain your new carpet in Ogden, UT are:
- Wipe Your Feet – Arguably the simplest of the tasks on this list is wiping your feet. Every time you enter your home or office, it is imperative that you clean the dirt, dust, mud, and grime off of the soles of your shoes before stepping on your fresh carpet. Neglecting to do so will quickly cause your carpet to fade and deteriorate.
- Vacuum Regularly – Even with careful attention to how you enter your home and walk across your carpet, dirt and mud are inevitable. Vacuum your carpet regularly to improve its look and reduce dullness.
- Use Carpet Protector – Apply carpet protectors regularly to prevent general wear and tear.
- Remove Spots Immediately – If there is an accident or a spill, take quick action to prevent stains. Be sure to blot the affected area, as rubbing it can wear down the fabric and cause the stain to set. Once the carpet is nearly dry, vacuum the area for added protection.
Visit Big Carpet’s Showroom in Ogden, UT
Whether you are in the nascent or advanced stages of your search for the perfect carpet, visit Big Carpet’s showroom in Ogden, UT to get a glimpse of how each carpet will look and feel. Our trained team of experts will explain the differences among our offerings, considerations when making your final selection, and the carpet installation process. With a warehouse full of different carpeting solutions, you are sure to find the perfect carpet flooring for your home or office. Come by to see us today.
What Are You Looking For?
Having a hard time coordinating what flooring goes together? Peek inside our showroom.
Remnants are always at clearance prices!*