Big Carpet Offers Laminate Flooring in Ogden, Utah
If you love the look of wood but do not want to deal with the high cost or demanding maintenance of hardwood flooring, laminate flooring may be the right choice for you. At Big Carpet in Ogden, UT, we carry a wide range of laminate flooring options that are designed to resemble wood without the high price tag or extensive maintenance requirements. Our team will work with you to help select the right laminate flooring option for your home, elevating the look and feel of your living space.
Our Laminate Flooring Selection
Our Ogden, UT professional flooring company carries a wide selection of laminate flooring designed to resemble wood. We have laminate that replicates the look of cedar, pine, maple, oak, reclaimed wood, distressed wood, and more. Some of our options are even water-friendly. Whether you are interested in water-friendly laminate flooring for your kitchen or a deep, rich laminate color for your living room, our team at Big Carpet will help you select the laminate flooring option that is best for your home.
Benefits of Laminate Flooring
Laminate flooring has a wide range of benefits that make it a trendy choice among homeowners. Although wood flooring has long been a desirable look for living spaces, hardwood comes with a high cost, complicated installation, and demanding maintenance. Here are some of the reasons why many homeowners are instead turning to laminate for the appearance of wood without these downsides:
- Easy installation: Laminate is fast and easy to install, taking up less of your time and money during the process. Unlike hardwood flooring, which requires extensive labor, laminate flooring installation often only takes a day or two.
- Simple maintenance: Laminate flooring is easy to maintain and keep clean, merely requiring vacuuming, sweeping, or mopping. You will never have to wax the floor or perform other long-term maintenance often required for wood flooring.
- Affordability: One of the primary benefits of laminate flooring is that it comes at a far lower cost than hardwood flooring. The price point makes the coveted wood appearance and feel much more accessible to homeowners.
- Durability: Laminate flooring is extremely durable and resistant to dents and scratches. Unlike wood flooring, which can easily dent or scratch over time, laminate flooring has a protective top layer. This protective layer makes the flooring more resistant to damage and stains.
- Appearance: Laminate flooring comes in a wide range of colors and styles designed to replicate the look of hardwood flooring and engineered wood flooring.
With all of these benefits, it is easy to understand why many homeowners choose laminate flooring for their homes. At Big Carpet, we will help you select the right design and style for your home, helping you achieve the living space of your dreams.
Understanding the Making of Laminate Floors
Laminate flooring is a multi-layered option for homeowners who crave the appearance of wood flooring but would prefer a more cost-effective option. It comprises four distinct layers, which combine to form a flooring option that looks beautiful and can withstand foot traffic, pets, drops, spills, and various other forms of abuse. Durability is one of laminate flooring’s main selling points. The layers of laminate flooring are fused during a single-press operation that exerts up to 1300 pounds of pressure per square inch (PSI) in heat that exceeds 300 degrees Fahrenheit. The process ensures strength and permanence. Laminate flooring’s layers include:
- Bottom layer – Also known as the backer layer, the bottom layer balances the flooring and helps maintain the piece’s stability by providing a seal against moisture and other threats. Some bottom layers may also feature foam padding to enrich the acoustical quality of laminate flooring when it has traffic.
- Core layer – Typically consisting of high-density fiberboard (HDF), the core layer is arguably the most important element of laminate flooring. HDF contains compressed wood particles, polymers, resins, and plastics. HDF’s makeup allows it to provide water resistance and acclimate to various temperatures and humidity levels. It can also prevent boards from shifting and creating gaps after installation. All of these factors will help the laminate flooring you receive from Big Carpet remain stable and protected.
- Design layer– The design layer is what gives your laminate flooring its striking appearance. A decorative paper nestled atop the core layer promotes the feel of wood flooring or can highlight a multitude of colors, patterns, or artwork beneath your feet.
- Wear layer – The top layer of your laminate flooring is its protection against wear, fading, and staining. This critical aspect is another differentiating factor from wood floors, which cannot provide the same protection. Most laminate includes aluminum oxide particles and melamine resin for enhanced durability and moisture protection.
Visit Big Carpet to See Our Laminate Flooring Options
When your heart yearns for the look and feel of natural wood floors but you cannot justify the cost or maintenance requirements, take advantage of laminate flooring. Big Carpet specializes in laminate flooring, providing a wide range of options to fit your aesthetic and budgetary requirements. Whether you need simple laminate flooring for a small home or extra-durable laminate for commercial use, we have an option for you. Call or visit Big Carpet’s showroom in Ogden, UT to learn more about how laminate flooring can enhance your home or office.